Buying a property in India as an NRI can be a cumbersome process. Since the investment is huge, one has to go about this process in an organized manner. As an NRI investor, if you plan on investing in India, the process would be much lesson plans easier with some help from a real estate agent. A real estate agent will be equipped with all necessary to tools to help you with a successful transaction
Here below are few things that you should consider when hiring a real estate agent.
- Market Knowledge: Choosing health issues a consultant with a right amount of knowledge is the most important criteria. A property consultant who is well versed with the real estate sector will be able to provide you with in-depth information of the city or locality in which you wish to invest. Talk to the property consultant before hiring him and see if the person is able to talk about the market fluently. If the answers you get are half-baked, then its best to consider another property consultant.
- Track Record: The track record of the property consultant is another important criteria to look at. Check out the feedback and reviews if you find any. Get in touch with other customers to get an idea on how good the consultant is. Do check on the types of properties they have provided services with. If you have plans on investing in a villa and they don’t have any experience in it, then it’s good to go for someone who can assist you with villas in specific.
- Trends and Technology: The agent you hire should be aware of all the latest real estate trends. Targeting the localities you’re interested in should be much easier with an agent who has all the latest trends in their fingertip. A person who is good with the latest technology can also be helpful because its more likely that they will be organized.
- Negotiation: Real estate agents mainly work as the middleman between the buyer and seller which means that these agents should possess excellent negotiation skills. They should be able to make the right decisions and be smart enough to point out potential opportunity to get the best deal. The agent will not only assist you in finding the right property but will also play an important role in getting you the right price for the property. So when hiring an agent, hire one who can speak with confidence and one who will represent you in the best way.
- Licenses: Real Estate agents in India are not regulated by the government which basically gives the opportunity for anyone to become an agent. Thus, when employing an agent, make sure you hire someone who is well experienced in this field. Also when hiring an agent through an agency, do check if the agency has a license. A licensed agency will be able to provide top tier agents, so ensure that you check for the licenses of the agency.
Keeping the above tips in mind, hire an agent who can help you with this tedious process